Sole mandate with video. Floor plan available upon request.
A truly off the grid home with the most spectacular garden. Three bedrooms in the main house, a one bedroom granny flat, office and further flatlet. Double gate entry with carriage driveway plus ample parking outside the gates for guests/visitors. Please note the pool is a natural pool and is cleaner than salt or chlorine.
If you are an avid gardener and you love green technology, this is the home for you. I have listed all the features below under GARDEN and GREEN TECHNOLOGY.
First of all, the location is so peaceful, sitting on the edge of the Constantia greenbelt with an abundance of greenery and trees. The perfect spot for dog walking, running and mountain biking.
The main house accommodation comprises –
Dining and living space with fireplace and vaulted ceilings | kitchen breakfast room with scullery | guest loo | two smaller double bedrooms both overlooking the beautiful garden | the main en-suite bedroom is wonderfully connected to the garden and the eco pool with giant tame koi. Our client swims with them every morning. Separate to the main house is a wonderful one bedroom granny flat with its own fireplace, garden and indoor/outdoor seating area. Additionally there is a generous home office which is joined by a further en-suite flatlet.
– MASSIVE Solar System (17.5KW, 3 Phases, 44 panels on roof, house is 100% off grid) (R750,000 value)
– Water filtration system (5 phase treatment and filters, backup tanks, UV disinfection) (R150,000 value)
– This house is a TRULY off grid property which can supply all your power and water needs and most of your food
– Set up using permaculture design principles
– 100,000L eco pool (once of CT’s largest private eco pools) with 2 pumps, reed beds, waterfall, giant tame koi, tilapia in a fully sustainable system.
– 85m borehole
– 25m well point (combined value R180,000)
– Imported British greenhouse with power and water
– 100,000L storage tank with separate pressure pumps for house and garden systems
– Fully installed and completely automated irrigation system
– Highly efficient bee hives
– Over 40 fruiting banana trees
– Large vegetable gardens set according to permaculture principles
– Smaller separate vegetable garden for Grannie Flat
– Various herbs and medicinal plants
– Tree orchard with Pear, Apple, Peach, Nectarine, Orange, Lemon, Naartjie, Mandarin, Avos, Quince, Feijoa, Almond, Macadamia, Fig, Mullberry, Strawberry, Raspberry, Blackberry, grapes and Tamarillo.
– Other notable trees include, Australian tee tree, Indian Moringa tree, paper-bark acacia, Keurbooms, giant tree strelitzias (white) and many more.
– Extensive succulent collection from across sub Saharan Africa (over 50 varietals)
– Extensive medicinal plant collection
– Fynbos and wild zone
– Variety of pumps, tanks, tools and other accessories all included
2 hot water cylinders connected to solar back up
4 zone burglar alarm
Separate laundry room
Outside workshop Wendy house with wooden bench and storage shelving